The Garden Club at Palm Coast Welcomes you to the 2021-2022 Season
Message from the President of the Garden Club at Palm Coast
Fellow Garden Club Members –
Welcome to the 2021-22 Club Year! I’m excited about the wonderful programs, classes, and activities that our Board, Directors, and Committee Chairs have planned for the upcoming year.
Last year was quite the challenge as we struggled through the pandemic by utilizing video presentations, YouTube and lots of emails, Facebook, and other social media methods. After 6 months, we were able to host outdoor membership meetings at the VFW Pavilion completing the year with the annual picnic.
Even with the pandemic, we accomplished so much. Among our accomplishments are:
- Recruited over 50 new members throughout the year;
- Updated the Bylaws to allow for technology and an improved process for Distinguished Membership Status;
- Established a New Members Orientation Program and hosted 3 sessions last year;
- Held a successful Spring Festival at the Palm Coast Arts Foundation site after having to cancel the 2020 event;
- Raised over $1,000 for the Giving Tree at the Holiday Dessert Social at Holland Park;
- Awarded 4 High School scholarships, 1 continuing scholarship;
- Sponsored 3 students for a week’s program at Camp Wekiva;
- Sponsored an Eagle Scout gardening project at the Palm Coast Historical Society;
- Provided scholarship funds for Whispering Meadows;
- Developed a 3-month exhibit on the 45-year history of the Garden Club at the Palm Coast Historical Society;
- Purchased 6 acres of pines through the Penny Pines Program;
- Held a native plant sale in conjunction with Wild Birds Unlimited;
- Held several successful driveway plant sales;
Thank you to the Board, Directors, Committee Chairs, and many club members who made these and many more accomplishments a reality!
As I complete my final year as President, it is time for members to consider becoming active as the next club president, director, or committee chair. The Nominating Committee will be appointed in November in accordance with the Bylaws.
I look forward to seeing you at our first membership meeting at the VFW on Monday, September 13, under the Pavilion. Masks are encouraged.
Carol J. Walker, President
Garden Club at Palm Coast