Welcomes you to the 2021-2022 Season
Message from the President of the Garden Club at Palm Coast
Fellow Garden Club Members –
Welcome to the 2021-22 Club Year! I’m excited about the wonderful programs, classes and activities that our Board, Directors and Committee Chairs have planned for the upcoming year.
Last year was quite the challenge as we struggled through the pandemic by utilizing video presentations, You Tube and lots of emails, Facebook and other social media methods. After 6 months, we were able to host outdoor membership meetings at the VFW Pavilion completing the year with the annual picnic.
Even with the pandemic, we accomplished so much. Among our accomplishments are:
- Recruited over 50 new members throughout the year;
- Updated the Bylaws to allow for technology and an improved process for Distinguished Membership Status;
- Established a New Members Orientation Program and hosted 3 sessions last year;
- Held a successful Spring Festival at the Palm Coast Arts Foundation site after having to cancel the 2020 event;
- Raised over $1,000 for the Giving Tree at the Holiday Dessert Social at Holland Park;
- Awarded 4 High School scholarships, 1 continuing scholarship;
- Sponsored 3 students for a week’s program at Camp Wekiva;
- Sponsored an Eagle Scout gardening project at the Palm Coast Historical Society;
- Provided scholarship funds for Whispering Meadows;
- Developed a 3-month exhibit on the 45-year history of the Garden Club at the Palm Coast Historical Society;
- Purchased 6 acres of pines through the Penny Pines Program;
- Held a native plant sale in conjunction with Wild Birds Unlimited;
- Held several successful driveway plant sales;
Thank you to the Board, Directors, Committee Chairs and many club members who made these and many more accomplishments a reality!
As I complete my final year as President, it is time for members to consider becoming active as the next club president, director or committee chair. The Nominating Committee will be appointed in November in accordance with the Bylaws.
I look forward to seeing you at our first membership meeting at the VFW on Monday, September 13, under the Pavilion. Masks are encouraged.
Carol J. Walker, President
Garden Club at Palm Coast
Welcome to The Garden Club at Palm Coast
Our Garden Club is very active:
- We hold monthly meetings where speakers present interesting topics
- We organize fundraising events and sponsor a number of scholarships.
- Our Arrangers’ Guild practices the creation of beautiful flower arrangements
- The Propagation Guild explores the many kinds of plant propagation.
Monthly Meetings –
The Garden Club at Palm Coast will hold their 2021-2022 monthly meetings at the VFW outside pavilion located at 47 Old Kings Road N, Palm Coast. Come at 11:30AM to enjoy lunch at the VFW with your fellow garden club members. (the VFW only accepts cash). The meeting gathering will start at 12:00 for registration, raffles and plant sale. The meeting will start at 1:00PM outside. Covid-19 guidelines will be followed with masks and social distancing.
Meeting your Officers and Board Members
President – Carol Walker, Vice President – Jane Howells, Secretary – Adrienne Harrell, Treasurer – Susan McConnell, Asst Treasurer – Beth Hagan, 1 Year Director Carol Geran, 2 Year Director, Joan Bartle, 3 Year Director Margie Brady
Becoming a New Garden Club Member
For more information on becoming a Garden Club Member, please visit the Membership page
* Individual Membership $30.00
* Couple Membership $45.00
Programs and Projects
Every year the Club participates in many programs and projects as a service to its members and the community. The Club is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization for charitable purposes. Multiple activities are organized to raise funds for good causes including the awarding of scholarships.
You are invited to make a donation to The Garden Club at Palm Coast:
Included in The Garden Club at Palm Coast website:
- Information pages accessed via links in the black menu bar under the header
- Blog posts (= News Items) can be found in the right hand column, arranged in order of most recent date, by month and by category
- Events (and Meetings) can be found on the Calendar & Events page
Enjoy your visit to our Garden Club at Palm Coast website.
Also visit our Facebook page:
The Garden Club at Palm Coast is the Recipient of
the FFGC DePalma/Sillik Website Award for a Large Club
Copyright © 2021 The Garden Club at Palm Coast, All rights reserved