Every year the Club participates in many programs and projects as a service to its members and the community.
We are proud to support the following:
- Arbor Day: The Garden Club celebrates Florida Arbor Day in May by planting a tree within the community. This is also an opportunity for the Club to recognize any members who have passed away the previous year. A plaque is placed near the tree listing those members being remembered.
- Blue Star Memorial Marker: This program was started by the National Garden Club in 1945 to honor WW II veterans. This Memorial Marker, the first in Flagler County, was dedicated on Nov. 9, 2006 and is located at Bull Dog Dr. and SR 100. It stands as a tribute to members of the Armed Forces who have defended the USA. It is lovingly maintained by members of the Garden Club.
- Camp Wekiva: Every summer, the Garden Club sponsors 2 youngsters to the FFGC’s Wekiva Youth Camp for a week of fun and an opportunity to learn about nature. Online signup for Camp Wekiva.
- Floral Design: The Arrangers’ Guild, part of the Garden Club, meets the third Tuesday of each month, September-May to share their love of flowers and floral design. Both basic and advanced floral design classes are offered on an alternate schedule. These certificate courses are taught by FFGC certified instructors who are Flower Show Judges and members of FCNAFSJ-District Council
- Library Christmas Tree: Each year the Club participates in the decorating of a garden themed Christmas tree at The Flagler County Public Library
- Plants for Pleasure: Since 1999, Club members have brought to the Nov. meeting festively wrapped house plants which are then delivered to members who are ill, residents of the community that are in hospice care or residing in local nursing homes.
- Scholarship Program: The Club offers scholarships to high school seniors, and college freshman, sophomores and juniors who qualify and reside in Flagler County and who will pursue further studies in the areas of agriculture, horticulture and the environmental sciences. The application form for a scholarship can be downloaded here: Scholarship application
- Selection of the Month: Designation of a home with outstanding landscaping has been a key program for the Garden Club since 1975. Recognition is provided to the homeowner(s) by placing a “Selection of the Month” sign on their front lawn, a photo album of their property and introduction to the membership at that month’s meeting.